Castor Oil: Natural Remedy for Dry Hair
If you have thick or curly hair this product is perfect for you! This past week my hair was looking extremely dry and I was in complete panic mode. I tried using leave-in conditioners but the effects were not long lasting, so I decided to take extreme measures. Thanks to my mother’s recommendation I decided to use Castor Oil, I wasn’t very convinced but this was definitely a “mom knows best” situation. I have never seen my hair look healthier!
- Section your hair and spread the Castor Oil evenly.
- Rinse after 20-30 minutes.
The benefits of castor oil:
- Excellent moisturizer for skin and hair
- It is an alternative treatment for hair thinning and hair loss
- Prevents dry and itchy scalp
- Its anti-fungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties can can help treat skin and scalp infections.
- Budget friendly! The Castor Oil I used (image below) was only $4 at Walgreens!
Tips for Using Castor Oil: Since castor oil is very thick and heavy, it may be best to mix it with other lighter oils. I used it by itself but if you have thin hair I would recommend that you mix it or dilute it. Also, why not add a little fresh rosemary to improve the smell of the oil?