Fashion Blogger Soraya Pena Is PrettyFab
Fashion blogger Soraya Pena started her career in hospitality management until she decided to follow her true passion; fashion. Since then she has worked on various entrepreneurial endeavours and launched one of Chicago’s most popular fashion blogs, Chic Flavours. A natural beauty, we love Soraya’s simple approach to beauty just as much as her chic sense of style.
1. What do you love most about being a fashion blogger?
I recently started blogging about what I’m really passionate about and that’s fashion. I am able to make my own schedule, but what I love the most is not knowing what everyday might bring. One day I might be taking pictures for the blog or talking to brands for future collaborations.
2. With which fashion icon do you identify the most?
I love the elegance Carolina Herrera portrays in every image. Somehow she’s able to manage perfection with a simple white blouse. I’m also a bit obsessed with Blake Lively and her sexy, but yet classy style. Her make up is always simple, but enough to make an impression.
3. Three fashion rules you try to live by…
1. It’s okay to wear bright colors in the fall/winter. I love wearing sweaters that really pop, like red or hot pink in an effort to brighten an otherwise usually gloomy winter day.
2. Always, always, no matter how tired you might be, always take your makeup off and wash your face before bedtime.
3. No matter what the latest trend might be, it’s important to dress according to your personalty. If crop tops are not your thing and you don’t feel like showing your stomach to the world, don’t! A woman should always feel comfortable in what she wearing.
4. What’s in your makeup bag right now?
I love this question! In my everyday makeup bag I have blush and creamy lipstick by Bobbi Brown. You’ll also find my favorite foundation powder by Clinique and some Vanilla Eye Show by Maybelline that I actually use to add some shimmer under my eyes to brighten them up. I will confess I also have a travel toothbrush and toothpaste… I’m secretly obsessed with brushing my teeth.
5. Tell us which are your favorite beauty spots in Chicago.
Hair: Thomas West Salon, by far. When I first moved to Chicago I tried multiple hair salons until I found the right one for me. It’s close to my apartment, and my stylist is young and understands what I’m looking for every time.
Body: I don’t frequent spas that often, but I will say I am proud member of Massage Envy. I am able to schedule a message on a monthly basis to any of their convenient locations around the city.
Skin: I actually don’t have one! But I would love to find a great place for a facial.
Makeup: Sheri at Thomas West Salon always does my makeup whenever I have an event!
6. Tell us something you learned about beauty from your mom?
“Don’t be afraid to show your curves” Haha! Growing up in Venezuela the culture was the curvier and bigger, the better. I always felt a bit shy, but my mom has taught me to carry myself with confidence and love my body.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wouldn’t physically change anything about myself. Does changing my cooking skills count?
8. What is one thing about yourself that you would never change?
My accent! I first learned English at a very young age and even after living in Chicago for 6 years it’s still there. It reminds me every day where I came from and I love it.